Evan Hall’s soccer off-season prep involves Quacking!

Sturgis senior soccer player Evan Hall is excited for the upcoming soccer season.

“I was pumped when I received the letter from coach Hastings about this season’s expectations,” said Hall. “I like the intensity and the chance for us to be more competitive this season. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

While he’s not preparing for coach Hastings’ 1-mile endurance test, which will take place at Old Townhouse Field in Yarmouth August 23rd at 7:45 AM, Evan’s a tour guide for Cape Cod Duck Tours.

A natural entertainer, Evan is the lead singer for “Go Octopus Go,” which brought the house down at the first ever Sturgis Varsity vs. Faculty basketball game. On a recent Tuesday afternoon, one could see Evan entertaining a crowd of tourists as they finished a tour. He had the crowd in hysterics. Then he did a great job sweeping the sidewalk in front of Ryan Family Amusements.

“It’s a fun job but it’s a lot of work,” said Hall, who works two jobs during the summer. “When I’m playing in the band, I’m performing for about 45 minutes. In this job, I have to give five 45-minute performances a day!”

“Evan’s a great kid and a good example of the fun, hard-working attitude we want our athletes to have,” said Sturgis Director of Athletics Jim Barrasso. “Whether it’s soccer, music or Duck Tours, Evan’s going to give it all he has. I’m predicting a big soccer season for Evan!”

One thought on “Evan Hall’s soccer off-season prep involves Quacking!

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.